As the weather cools down, we start to breathe a sigh of relief. Finally, we can turn off the constant drone of the air conditioner and breathe cool, fresh air coming right in our windows!
But what we often forget is that when we open up our windows, we bring the outdoors in, and that includes fall mold and pollen. Have you ever woken up stuffy, coughing, and miserable after sleeping with the windows open? Awful, right?
There’s a fast way to feel relief when the changing seasons dump microscopic junk into our homes.
The key is dōTERRA™ Breathe essential oil blend.
What’s in it?
- Laurel Leaf
- Eucalyptus Leaf
- Peppermint Plant
- Melaleuca Leaf
- Lemon Peel
- Ravensara Leaf
- Cardamom Seed
Woody, spicy, and warm essential oils come together to provide an invigorating scent that will leave you feeling much clearer. It’s fresh and much more pleasant that overwhelming rubs that leave you feeling greasy.
Adding Lavender and Peppermint makes for a relaxing and peppy experience.
Feel Relief, Anywhere, Any Time!
A cleansing essential oil steam isn’t just for spas or big, awkward bowls full of sloshing stuff. It’s so easy. All you need is your essential oils, hot water, and a cup! Even if you’re pressed for time in the mornings, you can still enjoy a quick, refreshing steam.
- Heat up water on the stove or in the microwave until it’s steaming hot. (No need for a full boil, in fact, fully boiling water may disperse your oils too quickly!)
- Pour into a glass, ceramic, or disposable cup.
- 2 Drops Breathe
- 1 Drop Lavender
- 1 Drop Peppermint
- Put your face over your cup and take a deep breath through your nose (if you can!) for a count of four, then exhale through your mouth for a count of eight. (Don’t blow on your hot water!)
- Repeat until you feel relaxed, and breathing feels smoother and easier.
If you’re having trouble breathing through your nose, grab a tissue and blow-blow-blow. Clear some gunk out. If you’re still struggling, put your face over your steam cup and just breathe as deeply as you can through your mouth.
Another breathing method you can try:
- Place your finger on your left nostril, blocking it
- Breathe in deeply through your open right nostril for a count of four
- Switch sides, blocking your right nostril and leaving the right one open
- Now breathe out through your other nostril for a count of six to eight
- Repeat four times