Holiday cookies, parties, and gift giving. Or is it holiday stress, headaches, and conflict? Your kids are wired, your family is tense, and you are exhausted–does this sound like your typical Christmas?
December can bring with it disruptive weather, end-of-year recordkeeping demands, atypical school and work schedules, exposure to seasonal bugs and illnesses, and oh yes, the biggest holiday event of the calendar. December is hectic, even before you get to the season’s celebrations, shopping, decorating, and travel demands.
Christmas Doesn’t Have to Be About Over-Indulging, Over-Spending, and Overly Grand Expectations
…And yet so often it is.
So how do you survive… how do you create magical moments, hosting and helping others without sacrificing your health, bank account and sanity?
- Embrace help. Your friends, family, and spouse would love to help… if you will only tell them what you’d like done. People often hesitate to lend a hand because they don’t know what to do or where to start. Communicate your needs to others and make it easy for them to give you the assistance you need.
- Abandon guilt. In each of us there is a ‘guilt button’ that is easily triggered. Find yours and strive to override it. Guilt is a choice. Choose to say “no”.
- Eat and drink in moderation. Over-indulge in sleep, exercise, and relaxation or meditation.
- Set realistic expectations. Remember, all those holiday homes and dinner parties you see on television and read about in magazines are manufactured by a team of people, who are being paid to create the appearance of perfection.
- Stay in the moment. Your sister/uncle/cousin-in-law may have been a pain last year, but don’t assume it will happen again. In the same spirit, don’t be so caught up in creating a few special events that you make it impossible for you and others around you to relax and enjoy each day, moment by moment.
- And of course, put doTERRA essential oils and supplements to work for you and your family.
Happier Holiday: Essential Oil to Help You Stay Merry and Bright
Take advantage of the calming and soothing properties of lavender, cedarwood, and vetiver. Add them to your diffuser, make a special blend for your laundry or a mist you use in your car or home. Or blend them with fractionated coconut oil and apply to the bottom of your feet.
Your bones provide the structural component that protects your internal organs. Your muscles and joints make movement possible. Whether you are decking the halls or hauling in the presents, you’ll want to do everything you can to support and nurture your body’s critical infrastructure.Check out Bone Nutrient Lifetime Complex, Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex, vEO Mega®, xEO Mega®, Microplex VMz® and Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex® (Learn more about the concept of Deep Blue Polyphenol here).
And if you are feeling the effects of too many holiday feasts and seasonal treats, check out doTERRA DigestZen® Digestive Blend and DigestZen® Softgels.