From doTERRA’s Earth Day announcement:
How does Co-Impact Sourcing help the environment?
- By overseeing how essential oils are produced, Co-Impact Sourcing allows doTERRA to protect the environment and ensure the continued availability of your favorite essential oils.
- Through the Co-Impact Sourcing model, doTERRA uses energy efficient and renewable energy solutions to minimize greenhouse gas emissions and reduce the impact of waste streams on the environment.
- While the temptation for a company as large as doTERRA may be to buy large plots of land and mass produce oils, doTERRA places great value on the expert knowledge of local farmers—many of whom have nurtured essential oil plants for generations.
- Priority is given to buying products made from raw materials that originate from sustainably managed sources, and bulk goods are dispatched by sea wherever possible to minimize carbon footprint.
- To learn more about how doTERRA sources essential oils responsibly, visit sourcetoyou.com