Taking care of your body’s needs is one of the best things you can do! Hydration, sleep, nutrition, and personal grooming all factor into your body’s ability to defend itself from environmental threats.
Tips for hydration:
- Get a water bottle or designate a favorite glass (be sure to wash it frequently!)
- Add a drop of flavorful essential oil like peppermint or tangerine to plain water to make getting your daily intake more enjoyable
- Visiting the bathroom a lot? Cut back on things like caffeine and try drinking slower
- Drink water after high energy activities like chores or workouts
- Add fiber and probiotics to your daily routine, since maintaining digestive health can provide easier absorption of hydration and nutrients
Tips for sleep:
- Limit screen time before bed.
- Try to establish a schedule to help regulate the body’s natural sleep clock.
- Incorporating soothing aromas like lavender, or a blend like Serenity, can aid in relaxation before sleep.
- Avoid the “snooze button cycle”, and set your alarm for the time you need to be up and stick to it, this helps avoid groggy mornings and afternoon crashes by eliminating disruptive sleep patterns.
- Turn off notifications for your phone, or if you need alerts for emergencies, see about disabling non-essential app notifications to avoid sleep disruptions.
Tips for nutrition:
- Don’t go hungry! Keep an emergency snack in your daily carry bag. Avoiding blood sugar crashes can help with everything from mood to overall health.
- Supplement your dietary vitamins and minerals with a daily multi, like doTERRA a2z, to increase your basic nutrient intake.
- Support your digestive health to maximize your body’s ability to support itself.
- Diet responsibly, make sure you consult with a health professional and keep them in the loop on your nutrition, so they can provide direct medical advice.
- Incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into your weekly menus. You can even jazz up your recipes with essential oils like basil and lemon.
Tips for personal grooming:
- Keep your hands soft. Lotion isn’t just for having smooth and pretty hands! Keeping your hands moisturized helps prevents breaks in the skin, which helps keep you safe from contaminants bypassing the skin’s natural defenses.
- The same thing goes for the face. In addition to the advice of avoiding face touching, keeping the face free of blemishes helps maintain the skin’s defense layer.
- Everyone has to bathe, but there’s no rule that says it can’t be fun or luxurious!
- Choose washable outerwear if you feel like you may go to an area that has greater exposure to environmental threats, and remove it when you get home. (Also avoid wearing your outside clothes in bed to keep your bed free of dirt, etc. Perfect excuse to get luxurious pajamas!)